- Pearson RJ, Jay MA, Wijlaars PMML, De Stavola B, Syed S, Bedston SJ, Gilbert R. Association between health indicators of maternal adversity and the rate of infant entry to local authority care in England: a longitudinal ecological study. BMJ Open; 10:e036564.
- Bedston S, Pearson R, Jay MA, Broadhurst K, Gilbert R, Wijlaars L. Data Resource: Children and Family Court Advisory and Support Service (Cafcass) public family law administrative records in England. International Journal of Population Data Science 2020;5:1:1:17.
- Jay MA, Gilbert R. Special educational needs, social care and health. Archives of Disease in Childhood doi:10.1136/archdischild-2019-317985.
- Jay MA and Mc Grath-Lone L. Educational outcomes of children in contact with social care in England: a systematic review. BMC Systematic Reviews 2019;8:155.
- Jay MA, Mc Grath-Lone L and Gilbert R. Data Resource Profile: National Pupil Database (NPD). International Journal of Population Data Science 2019;4:1:08.
- Emmott EH, Jay MA and Woodman J. Cohort Profile: Children in Need Census (CIN) records of children referred for social care support in England. BMJ Open 2019;9:e023771.
- Jay MA, Woodman J, Broadhurst K, Gilbert R. Harnessing administrative data for family justice research and practice. March  Fam Law 315.
- Jay MA. Homogeneity, the free movement of persons and integration without membership: Mission Impossible? Croatian Yearbook of European Law and Policy 2012; 8: 77–115.
- Jay MA. Legal epidemiology, evidence-informed law and administrative data: new frontiers in the study of family justice. In: Creutzfeld N, Mason M, McConnachie K (eds) Routledge Handbooks of Socio-Legal Theory and Methods. 2019; London: Routledge.
- Jay MA, Pearson R, Wijlaars L, Olhede S, Gilbert R. Using administrative data to quantify overlaps between public and private children law in England: report for the Ministry of Justice on the Children in Family Justice Data Share pilot.
- Jay MA, Gilbert R. We need a debate on data-driven policing. Letter to the Guardian, 23 April 2019.
- Jay MA, Woodman J, Broadhurst K, Gilbert R. Who cares for children? Population data for family justice research.