- Jay MA, Mc Grath-Lone L, De Stavola B, Gilbert R. Evaluation of pushing out of children from all English state schools: administrative data cohort study of children receiving social care and their peers. Child Abuse & Neglect 2022;127:105582.
- Mc Grath-Lone L, Jay MA, Blackburn R, Gordon E, Zylbersztejn, Wijlaars L, Gilbert R. What makes administrative data research-ready? A systematic review and thematic analysis of published literature. Int J Pop Data Sci 2022;7:1:6.
- Mc Grath-Lone L, Libuy N, Harron K, Jay MA, Wijlaars L, Etoori D, Lilliman M, Gilbert R, Blackburn R. Data Resource Profile: The Education and Child Health Insights from Linked Data (ECHILD) Database. Int J Epidemiol 2021. doi: 10.1093/ije/dyab149.
- Pearson RJ, Jay MA, O’Donnell M, Wijlaars L, Gilbert R. Characterizing newborn and older infant entries into care in England between 2006 and 2014. Child Abuse & Neglect 2020; 104760.
- Pearson RJ, Jay MA, Wijlaars PMML, De Stavola B, Syed S, Bedston SJ, Gilbert R. Association between health indicators of maternal adversity and the rate of infant entry to local authority care in England: a longitudinal ecological study. BMJ Open; 10:e036564.
- Jay MA, De Stavola B, Dorsett R, Thomson D, Gilbert R. Model estimates of cumulative incidence of children in need status and referral to children’s social care (pre-print).
- Bedston S, Pearson R, Jay MA, Broadhurst K, Gilbert R, Wijlaars L. Data Resource: Children and Family Court Advisory and Support Service (Cafcass) public family law administrative records in England. Int J Pop Data Sci 2020;5:1:1:17.
- Jay MA, Gilbert R. Special educational needs, social care and health. Arch Dis Child doi:10.1136/archdischild-2019-317985.
- Jay MA and Mc Grath-Lone L. Educational outcomes of children in contact with social care in England: a systematic review. BMC Systematic Reviews 2019;8:155.
- Jay MA, Mc Grath-Lone L and Gilbert R. Data Resource Profile: National Pupil Database (NPD). Int J Pop Data Sci 2019;4:1:08.
- Emmott EH, Jay MA and Woodman J. Cohort Profile: Children in Need Census (CIN) records of children referred for social care support in England. BMJ Open 2019;9:e023771.
- Jay MA, Woodman J, Broadhurst K, Gilbert R. Harnessing administrative data for family justice research and practice. March  Fam Law 315.
- Jay MA. Homogeneity, the free movement of persons and integration without membership: Mission Impossible? Croatian Yearbook of European Law and Policy 2012; 8: 77–115.
- Jay MA. Legal epidemiology, evidence-informed law and administrative data: new frontiers in the study of family justice. In: Creutzfeld N, Mason M, McConnachie K (eds) Routledge Handbooks of Socio-Legal Theory and Methods. 2019; London: Routledge.
- Jay MA, Mc Grath-Lone L. Vulnerable children are falling off school rolls. Letter to the Guardian, 10 March 2022.
- Jay MA, Pearson R, Wijlaars L, Olhede S, Gilbert R. Using administrative data to quantify overlaps between public and private children law in England: report for the Ministry of Justice on the Children in Family Justice Data Share pilot.
- Jay MA, Gilbert R. We need a debate on data-driven policing. Letter to the Guardian, 23 April 2019.
- Jay MA, Woodman J, Broadhurst K, Gilbert R. Who cares for children? Population data for family justice research.